Introducing the Viasat Small Grant Program
Our partner, Viasat, understands how you are faced with challenging times during this pandemic. So much so, they’re offering five (5) $5,000 grants to help your business to stay connected. Need new equipment? Perhaps a website? Or maybe you just need to help with operating costs…
Click here to learn more Viasat Grant Details
The statistics (source: Tech Connect) speak for themselves with regards to temperature screening in our current times:
- 86% of employees feel more comfortable when entering workplace
- 68% of customers are more likely to enter a business
- 79% prefer a kiosk versus a human taking temperature
- 76% of companies are currently offering temperature screenings
The question to ask yourself of your business…are you offering your employees and/or customers the confidence they need in protecting their overall physical health, as well as the health of the business and those involved?
With the start of school around the corner, administrations need to begin the work now to assure they have the temperature screening protocols in place when faculty, staff and students return to the classroom; technology can make all the difference.
District Administration, an in-depth print and digital media company, helps administrators make informed decisions about best practices and research-based approaches designed to help them improve teacher quality and increase student achievement across their districts.
They (District Administration) offers some great insight and recommendations in their article ‘How Technology Can Streamline and Improve Temperature Screening’, linked here.
Cactus Technology Solutions has several different providers offering thermal analytics. Scheduling a few minutes of time with your client solutions executive is the step in the right direction for protecting those involved with your business, regardless of your industry.
In our current dilemma as a nation, cost savings has never been as prevalent as it is now. This is where your client solutions executive and the rest of your team via Cactus Technology Solutions can be most beneficial to you.
We pride ourselves in offering an assortment of benefits at NO COST to you. From order placement to solution design our role in working with you on your side of the table – regardless of how long the process could take – can make an enormous difference versus working directly with the carriers.
In the last few months we have worked closely with several clients to provide a ‘bill analysis’ in an effort to learn where you may reap the benefits of cost savings. It’s critical we compare your bill against the contracted rates to assure you’re not paying for more than you should.
Speak directly to your client solutions executive today to set up a complimentary bill analysis. Worst thing that could happen? It took just a few minutes of your busy time. Best thing? You might see some cost savings!
Is your team transitioning to begin working back at the office? Or, do you have customers coming on-site for services?
Perhaps you’ve considered implementing new protocols in light of the COVID-19, and one of those may include temperature reading upon entry? We have a great solution for you. AT&T has a stellar thermal analytics product that is easy to install and begin using.
Some highlights include:
- Thermal imaging camera detecting a human with an elevated temperature based upon a pre-defined – by you – temperature range (i.e. 100° F plus)
- This product utilizes passive technology to help replace manual, human intervention
- Great for:
- Office and government buildings
- Hospitals, medical facilities
- Airports, transportation stations
- Business and educational campuses
- Venues – stadiums, parks, etc.
Your client solution executive can provide in-depth details and cost.
With the COVID-19 pandemic, Work from Home (WFH) is on the rise exponentially. With that rise, comes the possible implications of cybersecurity issues.
Yes, it’s a daunting issue to review and discuss. But like COVID-19’s hand-washing, masks, etc., cybersecurity has several cautionary steps to instill to help protect your company, customers and employees.
Our partner via Edge Communications, Sloane Cassidy Cunningham, has developed a few quick questions to determine what the next steps you need to take to begin needed informative improvements.
- Do you have cybersecurity training in place for your employees?
- What security initiatives have you put in place of recent?
- Are your security initiatives focused on compliance or securing your infrastructure?
- Do you have any additional security goals?
Regardless if your role is training, or more involved like infrastructure protection, you can be confident Edge Communication’s security specialist Sloane Cassidy Cunningham, coupled with your Cactus Technology Solutions’ team member, can get you started with the right strides
Dear friends and clients,
Your phone’s ‘health’ is important, too!
I thought I’d include some tips on how to assure your phone is cleaned properly to fight any virus contamination. Unfortunately, the COVID-19 virus can remain on surfaces up to nine (9) days – including your phone.
- Make sure your phone is unplugged from any charging devices, including direct power.
- I always remove the case so I can make sure I clean the phone AND the case to the best of my abilities.
- Wipes are safe, in fact Apple says it’s okay to use Clorox wipes and similar products on your phone. Using an Android? Samsung has not made a public statement just yet.
- Directly using alcohol can damage your phone. If you’re curious about the damage, call me (325-513-6851) and I can give you the run down.
- Never use bleach.
- Spray any cleaning solution – nothing abrasive though – onto a soft, non-lint cloth (a paper towel can also be too abrasive) first, and not directly to the phone, then wipe down the phone.
Again, to echo all others – be sure to wash your hands frequently.
On a personal note, I wish you and yours health and safety. Together, we will get through this unprecedented time!
First, and most important, I hope you and your family are healthy and safe. Yes, these are unprecedented times; but just as we’ve done as a country before, we will rally back, and all will settle down again.
We have been flooded with absolutely (and surprisingly) spectacular offers for the remote workforce. And, rather than trying to give you a manageable drink and risking a fire-hydrant-type ‘drink’ we’d like to meet with you – virtually, of course – one-on-one.
It is my hope and expectation you have been contacted by your client solutions executive over the last week to 10 days. This call’s primary purpose of this outreach is simple…we just want to check on you; not to sell you anything; we only want to confirm you are doing as well as can be expected. If you have NOT been contacted by a client solutions executive, I’d like to know immediately, and I would like to schedule a call with you and myself as soon as feasible.
Together we will get through this. And, in my opinion, we will all be stronger on the other side of this mess.